It’s going to be a busy day today, so you’ll have to content yourself with this treat from The Outsiders #2 (December 1985), a concept design of Looker which was apparently sketched by Walter Kovacs, age 11:
For those of you having trouble reading the design notes, here are a few choice (or “telling,” depending on one’s take on Freudian psychology) excerpts:
- Bow over left hip — feminine touch, very sexy
- High heels — sexy stance
- “Pupil” of eye design falls over nipple
The chronicle of the design process that accompanied the sketch notes that Looker’s costume was based on real-life examples of contemporary high fashion. I lived though that era, and witnessed more than my share of sartorial atrocities (indeed, my high school yearbook rivals the Necronomicon as a catalog of sanity-blasting nightmares), but I don’t recall there ever being a time when eye-boobs were “in.”
- The always entertaining Tart recently celebrated her one-year anniversary as a music blogger. I know I’m repeating myself, but I don’t feel as bad about my move away from mp3 blogging knowing that there are people like her carrying the torch.
- Comrade Highlander illustrates there the is no social problem in Britain so great that it can’t be solved with CCTV surveillance and half-assed paternalism.
- New Hampshire Roller Derby’s final bout of the 2009 season is coming up on August 29 at the JFK Coliseum in Manchester. I strongly encourage all of my local readers to attend. And, no, the woman otherwise known as Trina Trioxin isn’t forcing me to say that.